Duck Decoy Touch-up

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I have my pintail decoys in slotted bags so the tails don’t get caught in the mesh in my regular decoy bag, and now the paint on the end of their bills has rubbed off from rubbing the bottom of the slotted bag. What paint do you guys use to touch-up your duck decoys?61204068-6B68-4B82-AD5D-BC623F19E086.jpeg

Reactions: ilovesprig
I use paint that I get from Michaels...Small little water base that seems to work well...They have about a million colors...I think Wally World sells them in their crafts section as well.

Circled in picture

.032.jpeg

Reminds me I have about 2 dozen decoys that need some touch up work..should be a fun project with the kiddo. The decoys I have were given to me and are used but figured I could bring them back to life. Should I use glossy or flat colors?

Reminds me I have about 2 dozen decoys that need some touch up work..should be a fun project with the kiddo. The decoys I have were given to me and are used but figured I could bring them back to life. Should I use glossy or flat colors?

George,

Always use flat paint...There's a product out there that claims to restore decoys...See if I can find it.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I got a question for you on the topic. What about UV paints? Some guys swear by it paint the White on any decoy with UV paint. What are your thoughts and opinions

I got a question for you on the topic. What about UV paints? Some guys swear by it paint the White on any decoy with UV paint. What are your thoughts and opinions

I've used the white on certain species...But IMO...There's really no telling if it works or not...I feel good movement is what makes the difference these days.

Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu