Duck Dog

Herson

Jun 10, 2020
Took my GSD duck hunting this week. The NM duck season closes soon and wanted to see how he would do. It was a nice, cloudy 23 degree F morning. We were only able to call in 1 duck a few minutes after shooting light but saw many flying very high... very typical since they've pretty much all been shot at.

Whiskey was able to retrieve the duck while it was flowing down river. I wasn't able to record the actual retrieve but I did attach a clip of him retrieving the same duck when I was packing up. Not bad for a 1 year old dog.

Nothing like some fresh duck before class.
tempImagehm0KcH.pngIMG_0156.JPG

Attachments

• filtered-BD3BF549-F007-4BFD-AEE3-A3A436711168.mp4
    4.4 MB
  • 72408533-6667-4FDE-8133-919FC8594198.MP4
    12.5 MB
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu