Duck HUNT SEASON 2016-17

Duckfan

Mar 7, 2015
Duck HUNT SEASON 2016-17:

Today, the Commission set the regs for this coming season. They are doing this now, much earlier than the past, because the Fed framework is being done earlier. It’s nice to know this information now versus the past August timing.

The basics are similar to last year (liberal season):

7/day, which may include: 7 mallards
no more than 2 females,
2 pintail, 2 canvasback, 2 redheads,
3 scaup(86 days)
Possession limit triple the daily bag.

Here are some dates I was able to write down as the meeting occurred. I am sure CWA will be sending out details later about late season hunts etc.

NE:
Ducks: Oct 8 to Jan 20 - with junior hunt 2 weeks before, Sept 24-25

BOS/SSJ/Socal:
Ducks: Oct 22 to Jan 29 – with junior hunt Feb 4-5
Scaup: 11-5 to Jan 29
Geese: an increase to 20 White geese (up from 15), and 10 Dark

Still limits on specks in the special management zones

Special Note: They approved late season hunting on TYPE C areas as well as public waters as asked for by CWA...NICE!

It is important to note that the Department had asked for an Oct 1st opener in the NE, But Mark H and others from CWA advised the commission that the CWA board had unanimously asked that the start be moved back a week and start on 10-8. Due to water issues, and too early a start for the junior hunt up there (always 2 weeks before general season), botulism issues, etc.

The commission listened and agreed with CWA and went with the later 10-8 start date in NE.

ANOTHER REASON TO BE A MEMBER OF CWA TO GET OUR VIEWS HEARD!

Thanks all

Thanks Rick,

CWA does so much for us hunters of California, not just waterfowlers.....Hope to share a blind with you some day.

I don't even hunt ducks in california and I support the cwa!

ilovesprig said:
Thanks Rick,

CWA does so much for us hunters of California, not just waterfowlers.....Hope to share a blind with you some day.

I'd love that too Steve. 20 snows per day. plus 7 ducks. Like you said before - going to be tricky with 25 shells. I see a shell run in the future. ;)

I am trying to get to Wister area this next season. Wanted to hunt with Matt again as well. I will be putting in for Wister ressies this year. I guess I should try SJ too?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu