Duck... it's what's for dinner

8SteelTown

Does anyone pluck the long fine hairs before they cook their duck? I figured they weren't a bother so I left them. I used an orange/ginger sauce and mixed in some sriracha pepper sauce (not the red sauce you get on sushi. the actual pepper paste). Onion, garlic, celery, and carrot with some salt and pepper and sauce mixture for the cavity. Cooked at 325 for 30 minutes or so. Basted with butter twice at 35 and 40 minutes. Pulled at 45 minutes and glazed. Served with sweet potato and balsamic vin salad. A man could get used to eating like this!

Duck2.jpg

06418476-f615-404f-9850-131f1a340be9.jpg

Lungpopper said:
Your going to have to change your name to chefsteeltown. That looks good.
Burn the long fine hairs with a torch.

Lol. Thanks LP. It was damn good! Thanks for the tip.

I shot my first teal this weekend too. I plucked it because I read they are awesome whole roasted. How was the fat on yours? Mine has a beautiful 1/4" thick layer of creamy white fat; can't wait to roast it with some potatoes!

msteiger said:
I shot my first teal this weekend too. I plucked it because I read they are awesome whole roasted. How was the fat on yours? Mine has a beautiful 1/4" thick layer of creamy white fat; can't wait to roast it with some potatoes!

Dang! 1/4" of fat sounds tasty!! Mine was a little thinner than that but good none the less.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu