duck

Re: very first refuge duck hunt at san J

Sluciecoot, just look at stikbrandons post....who cares....
It's the age of entitlement. With the who cares attitude, it will ruin it for all. Just look at the amount of trash left behind in the blinds. WHO CARES.....totally ridiculous. ..

Go beat brush or buy a pond.

The above statements are like saying, " when I go shopping at the mall people should be patient and wait for a parking spot to open up close to the entrance of sears in stead of parking 50 yards away. Totally rediculous, your on a refuge! Some guys only hunt once or twice a year so for guys to say don't pass shoot at a refuge is selfish.

I'm all about working ducks, i get them in real close at my pond it's awesome.

It's okay to agree or disagree, some people think 40-50 yards is sky busting I on the other hand do not, sky busting to me is shooting at birds you won't hit. People miss birds at 15 yards so because u missed did you ruin the chance for the hunters on the next blind? It is what it is.

Bottom line is if you guys have a problem with the refuges don't hunt them.... Nobody makes you hunt a refuge you guys can beat brush find a pond like a lot of guys on this forum have done because they are like my self and want to work birds. If you get lucky enough to draw a number at a refuge don't expect to have 100 birds come drop in on you, go and have a good time work the birds hopfully they drop in if not hit them at distance

That is a terrible analogy IMO. I will continue to hunt refuges and I will continue to hunt the way I was taught. We can definitely agree to disagree. I LOVE watching birds work and just don't get the enjoyment of pass shooting. Different strokes

duck-boy said:
That is a terrible analogy IMO. I will continue to hunt refuges and I will continue to hunt the way I was taught. We can definitely agree to disagree. I LOVE watching birds work and just don't get the enjoyment of pass shooting. Different strokes

We would get along great ! I tell you what if I get draw this month you will be the first person I invite!

GSPman said:
blah i dont care any more ive decided to skip it and just keep hunting small ponds and jump shooting so i dont have to hunt with some of the guys that have responded here.

Don't skip out on #7 at SJ. Grab some buddies and go have fun.

Wow! I just checked this thread for the first time since my first post (#3 I believe) and it seems like perhaps someone threw a firecracker in a circle which transformed into a stick of dynamite! Anyhow, I was just checking to see what type of decoys to bring tomorrow. Thanks to those who actually gave suggestions, and if anyone knows a good blind (or just wants to give advice on what area i.e. near the club or not) and would like to go hunting shoot me a p.m. I have a low 30s draw so it should be good enough for a decent blind.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu