East Cape yellowfin

dtbushpilot

Took the "Outcast" out yesterday in search of a quality tuna, there have been lots available lately in the "football" size but I was hoping for something bigger. We found a couple of small porpoise schools but no tuna home. We kept looking and noticed a tuna seiner off in the distance so we went over for a look. They were completing a netting operation at the time but we didn't see any activity near the boat. My captain talked to the skipper of the tuna boat and he indicated the general direction that the porpoise had gone. After a while the helicopter working with the seiner flew past and started circling a few miles ahead to our port. We and a couple of local cruisers headed over there and found the fish. We had an immediate double hook up on cedar plugs but it turned out to be skipjack, got back in for another double but this time it was tuna. Rogelio lost his so he dropped a chunk of squid to soak while I boated mine.

The bait was nailed about the time I boated the tuna (10lbs or so), as soon as I tried to pull the rod out of the rod holder I knew it was a quality fish.

Anybody want to come over for dinner? I'll have plenty. ;)

Photo_D95808DA-E5A0-AD36-FF91-DD61A9A86AD74.jpg

Man, looks like prime conditions for sure. Beats my veiw.........MY desk and computer. Great job!

Nice boat...looks familiar! ;)

Back