East County Drive about.....8-16-21

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Did a drive about this morning of some MCC props and the Julian area...Still seeing velvet on most bucks...Forky gene is still dominant on the "Best 40"...Rut should bring in the bigger variety... ;)

Ground griz control was in order today as well...They took a beating...:skull:

Saw a lot of quail and the turkeys are starting to move around with mostly grown up poults...Recruitment seems to be, so far, only fair at best....:confused:

Stopped at "The Shaw" and wetted a line...One bite, one fish........:blush:

.WGI_0002.JPGWGI_0003.JPGIMG_2682.JPG012.JPG069.JPG974.JPGIMG_2686.JPG

Last edited:
Bad news. I just saw a picture on the news of 640 Afghans packed into the belly of a C-17. Rumor has it they are headed for So. Cal and are going to be set up on some placed called, MCC.

Did a drive about this morning of some MCC props and the Julian area...Still seeing velvet on most bucks...Forky gene is still dominant on the "Best 40"...Rut should bring in the bigger variety... ;)

Ground griz control was in order today as well...They took a beating...:skull:

Saw a lot of quail and the turkeys are starting to move around with mostly grown up poults...Recruitment seems to be, so far, only fair at best....:confused:

Stopped at "The Shaw" and wetted a line...One bite, one fish........:blush:

.View attachment 50107View attachment 50108View attachment 50109View attachment 50114View attachment 50115View attachment 50116View attachment 50118
I was working today, driving around LA. I like your drive around reports better Steve.
286FD5F3-95C6-4AA8-B61F-023493AA5057.jpeg

Thanks for telling us you saw them in MCC...at least I know I'm not blind...lol.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu