El cap 8/10

Haha, I asked my neighbor the same question about why he doesn't catch and release?!

His response was classic: "I'm more of a catch and fillet kind of guy!"

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I love El Cap. Sounds like a great morning.

Ps. Used to be a catch & keep. Now I’d rather catch ‘em, Than eat ‘em. Whatever floats your boat

I grew up in a bass boat. And, I grew up eating bass. When times were tough, during a few recessions, we lived on bass and venison, and that was in San Diego. I thought largemouth bass was great eating. My mom knew how to make it great. That was before the catch and release culture began. True, fishing tournaments were taking it's toll. I remember when you could weigh in ten bass at a team tournament. More than a hundred teams. Do the math. Thousands of fish went home and were consumed. I agree that you have to thin out the herd. I've always thought that you should take a couple home to consume. Isn't that what' it's really all about. But, with the number of bass fisherman and tournaments, these days, there does need to be some restraint.

I grew up in a bass boat. And, I grew up eating bass. When times were tough, during a few recessions, we lived on bass and venison, and that was in San Diego. I thought largemouth bass was great eating. My mom knew how to make it great. That was before the catch and release culture began. True, fishing tournaments were taking it's toll. I remember when you could weigh in ten bass at a team tournament. More than a hundred teams. Do the math. Thousands of fish went home and were consumed. I agree that you have to thin out the herd. I've always thought that you should take a couple home to consume. Isn't that what' it's really all about. But, with the number of bass fisherman and tournaments, these days, there does need to be some restraint.

Hi Brent,

Welcome to SCH....Long time, no talk to....Hope all is well.

Reactions: One Track

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu