El Capitan....6-16-2020

Boy was it nice to get back on the water....The lake is up....So, there's a lot of great habitat in the water....All fish were of the smaller variety, but the "bump" is always the same....Skinny Senkos were definitely the lure of choice.

.View attachment 44505View attachment 44506
I fished it fri very crowded, but put 19 on the boat on a jointed crank bait. Nothing big big. Good day for me. Maybe the crowds will thin out on the lakes

Reactions: ilovesprig
Way to get after them Steve!
When I was around 8 I caught my first catfish about a 10lber at El Cap. I was shore fishing with a bober and a fat rap. I have no idea how that setup worked or if it ever will again but it was a memory I will never forget.

I fished it fri very crowded, but put 19 on the boat on a jointed crank bait. Nothing big big. Good day for me. Maybe the crowds will thin out on the lakes

Lower parking lot was pretty full today...Things should get a little better as all the lakes open...Lake Hodges & I think Sutherland next... :clap:

Boy was it nice to get back on the water....The lake is up....So, there's a lot of great habitat in the water....All fish were of the smaller variety, but the "bump" is always the same....Skinny Senkos were definitely the lure of choice.

.View attachment 44505View attachment 44506
Steve, Best thing you could ever hope for is that the crowds never thin out and the lake becomes a fishernman's gathering point as we have never known if you want the hope to stay alive. The best thing would be for folks with knowledge to offer and share otherwise those that don't know how to fish. If the public is not arroused folks who show no interest will let it die and it will go away. Pound the drum you youngsters ot watch it leave. It's time for a passing of the guard.....

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu