El CapToday....6-29-18

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got on the water at about 1:30 pm with my old friend Cal....Pretty windy, but the bite was on from the get go....1st fish I got was on a skinny, but after that, it was all split shot Robo Tequila Sunrise 4" worms....Cal's bite was on split shot 6" Robo Margarita Mutilators....35+ fish with Cal getting a nice 4+ near the end.

ps....This hen mallard had 9 ducklings....Good work mom.

.009.JPG016.JPG015.JPG025.JPG022.JPG

Tom,

Older than me by 2 months...…….lol

ps....We met 50 years ago at USC playing baseball....Hunted chukar together for the 1st time in 1968.

Yeah I’ve heard stories from Nathan Weiss he’s my sub when I’m out most of the time. Your water boy at SC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin,

Cal doesn't really like working the trolling motor....So it's move and anchor, move and anchor....We were getting fish at every stop and especially on the rock structure.

.018.JPG

Last edited:
Kevin,

Cal doesn't really like working the trolling motor....So it's move and anchor, move and anchor....We were getting fish at every stop and especially on the rock structure.

.View attachment 35340
Steve, I find this time of year, post spawn, the best for getting numbers of bass. Soon it will be too hot for my taste and it will be strictly salt water for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking fish guys!! I took the kiddo the Sunbeam Lake in Seeley and hit the mini bluegills for a while, he had a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great fish, great times Steve! Btw my dad is USC alum 1968-72 and my uncle a few years before that.. Fight On.

Hey about that tiger.. just hope it doesn't scare the bunnies away for us tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu