Employment help

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
I have been out of work for a few months now.
With a 20+ year background in Telecom, the skills I have acquired may be a fit with your company, or someone you may know.
I was in the Navy and was in Radar, and electronics.
My body of work is a vast array of electronics, electrical, Telecom equipment installation ( Nortel) , Telecom switch tech, Field tech, and Field Manager, I managed to slip in some construction as well.
San Diego is a very tough place to survive being unemployed, so any help you can forward to me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

As a general rule, I don't like using this forum for soliciting, but I am starting to worry about the lack of responses to my Resume'.
Thanks for your understanding.

That's a tough spot to be in, sorry to hear about the hardship. Have you checked the local colleges? There's a ton of jobs out there at educational facilities that might be right up your ally. Many of the schools in the south bay received prop funding so places like Southwestern College and Sweetwater district is developing quit a bit.

Thanks guys, I will continue the fight. I will try some of the Educational institutes. I am very close to Miramar College, it is growing fast.
I have never been on unemployment, but it has been 5 months, and they sent me a notice that only have one month left!!! Can I extend?
Thanks again
Anyone else? :) :)

ratz said:
Thanks guys, I will continue the fight. I will try some of the Educational institutes. I am very close to Miramar College, it is growing fast.
I have never been on unemployment, but it has been 5 months, and they sent me a notice that only have one month left!!! Can I extend?
Thanks again
Anyone else? :) :)

Hey bud... like the others, sorry to hear about your hardship... I'm not guaranteeing you anything, and I don't even know for sure, but my wife works for a Telecom company in Temecula. They have partnerships and I believe a shop in San Diego as well. I don't know if they are hiring, but I sent her your post and asked if their company or anyone they affiliate with is hiring. I'll send you a P.M. either way. Stay positive and something will come up. Good luck. Jesse.

Ratz.. have u tried putting in at the various defense contractors around SD.. off top of my head I know companies like L-3 Communications and Viasat do telcom. But theres a bunch of others that also do related C3ISR stuff.

ratz

Good luck. I will pray for you man.
something will happen soon.

check out LinkedIn. sign up, a person of your talent will be mobbed by headhunters.
contact all the temporary agencies see if they can hook you up with temp to hire position.

Lee

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu