Excited about getting some JLK's

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Just got my hands on some 6.5mm 140 grain JLK's (.630 BC). Can't wait to push a few down the 6.5 SAUM!

Attachments

• JLK magic.png
    JLK magic.png
    911.9 KB · Views: 46
The most impressive part about those 6.5 bullets is how long they are. I can't believe the things fly straight for such long distances.

Lungpopper said:
ever heard of them. Are they lead free?

They are a great long range hunting bullet as well as a match target bullet with an amazing BC. It is a boutique bullet made by hand one at a time. Usually a waiting list.

It is not lead free...and it has less bearing surface than the Berger's and Hornady's. This should translate into less pressure with higher velocity.

http://www.swampworks.com/jlk/

Here is my current stable of 6.5mm long range killers for some contrast.

From left to right:

143 grain Hornady ELD-X .625 BC / 140 grain JLK .630 BC / 140 grain Berger VLD .612 BC / 127 grain Barnes LRX .468 BC

Although the ELD-X is just a beast, the JLK is so much more slippery looking. I am going to try some loads with the new IMR 7977 Enduron powder. Very excited to see how they shoot!

I am going to pick up a box of 142 grain Nosler Accubonds and give them a try too. Nosler states a .719 BC but word out on the street is that they are somewhere around .628. Still an amazing BC and they are bonded as well.

Attachments

• LRPills.jpg
    LRPills.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
I did some internet scouting on the 7977 powder. From what I read it is a much hotter powder than the others with the same burn rate. Keep us up to date on what you find out when you shoot it.

I'm embarrassed and going out in a limb here..... I can't remember exactly where I heard this info but I read somewhere that hunting with a hollow point in California is illegal, is this true? I feel like this law would be ridiculous when looking at how Deviststing a Berger or Barnes tsx could be

Jdrivsd619 said:
I'm embarrassed and going out in a limb here..... I can't remember exactly where I heard this info but I read somewhere that hunting with a hollow point in California is illegal, is this true? I feel like this law would be ridiculous when looking at how Deviststing a Berger or Barnes tsx could be

No need to be embarrassed! It's not true... Maybe you are getting confused with FMJ's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know Wut i just saw the email...... It was a proposal to congress from a long time ago or something like that! It didn't make any sense to me to begin with.

Jdrivsd619 said:
You know Wut i just saw the email...... It was a proposal to congress from a long time ago or something like that! It didn't make any sense to me to begin with.

You took all of the fun out of it. I thought I was getting away with something! :D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu