Federal Duck Stamps went on Sale Today

sluester said:
Thanks for the info Sprig.

How does one get CWA to fix up a private duck club? Is there a waiting list?

I buy 4 state and 2 fed. I figure I have at least $600 tied up in various licenses and tags..... before I even go anywhere.

I know that it has to do with their grants......Some have to give equal money to the private sector. My friends duck club was done under that heading......I know the grant that will be doing the work at Wister's 114 area has to have hunter access to it......Meaning they'll do the work, but there has to be hunt sites there.

I would call CWA's headquarters and let them know who you are, where your club is, and what you would like to have done........916-648-1406

Sluester call them up bro and get some love for the LCRA.

I did some math (ok I had my kid do it) if you take what a pvt club costs and divide it by hunt days it comes out to 100$ a hunt day. I support a new service value added fee for Wister. 100$ a day hunting fee! Let's do it for the kids

Aeon said:
Sluester call them up bro and get some love for the LCRA.

I did some math (ok I had my kid do it) if you take what a pvt club costs and divide it by hunt days it comes out to 100$ a hunt day. I support a new service value added fee for Wister. 100$ a day hunting fee! Let's do it for the kids

I think not........ lol

Used my season pass 22 times last season........At about a $156.00 for the pass. It worked out to 7 bucks a hunt........What a bargain!........And you get all the skyscapers you can handle....... ;D

NBK said:
CenterMass said:
Yikes, what does San Diego Fish and Game "Commission" minutes, have to do with this conversation, about buying an extra Federal Duck Stamps?

HA ha - the dynamic of a forum. Entertainment even when you don't ask for it.

Ooooh Yaaa everybody has there own way of looking at it. I'll stick to big game. ::) ::) ???

Well I might shoot a duck if I had the chance..........Maybe

wackums back said:
San diego fish and game commision is a joke. Go online and read their minutes it will make you sick.

Sorry for the hijack of this tread and this will be my only comment........But I think this statement needs to be addressed.

Sir,

Are you aware that Doug Streed (commissioner) is the chairman of the San Diego Youth pheasant hunt?....Are you aware the pheasants for that event are provided thru the county commissioners grants?......Are you aware that the youth turkey hunts on the Santa Ysabel preserve was fought for by the county commissioners and now is in it's 4th season?.......Are you aware that there was no hunting on county lands till we got this voted on and we won on a 3-2 vote by county supervisors we advise?......Are you aware recently, we got the no bow fishing at Lake Morena changed and will be ok'd this fall?......Are you aware that we give grants to the senior anglers of O'side for under privileged kids each summer?......Are you aware that we have provided the tags for the white seabass research thru our grants?.......Are you aware that we provided the research materials for our local wild trout?......Are you aware that we are giving grants to Quail Forever to repair local guzzlers? Are you aware that CalTIP is given grant money for the program?......I can go on and on.

Just one more question........Are you aware that our meetings are opening to the public and you can give your opinion about any fish & wildlife issues pertaining to our county?........2nd Thursday of each month.......If nothing else, it sounds like you could use the comic relief.......Hope to see you at the next meeting........Steve

I'm happy to see that Sluester and I are on the same page.

Sprig
Your post's on here are always helpful. Don't let one's opinion stop you from helping 100's. The info you share helps people have success while hunting and that keeps them interested in our sport.
Thanks
LP

Newbie question.....do I need a Cal and federal stamps to hunt ducks? I'm not sure if I'm going to try this year, but if I do I want to have the right credentials.

You need both stamps and the federal stamp needs to be signed across the front.......It's one of the reasons people buy 2 stamps. Collectors like them unsigned.

I actually own the very 1st stamp unsigned (1934, Ding Darling)......... ;D

.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFederal_Duck_Stamp&ei=PCS0U-SqBsG1yATDzIC4Bw&usg=AFQjCNFoqNT_0U6G_VpeFHvXdl7Z8DOLAw&sig2=Wc7mcsr37PFsOB43lOdoLg&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw

ilovesprig said:
I actually own the very 1st stamp unsigned (1934, Ding Darling)......... ;D

That is pretty darn cool Steve. They can be had for $80 - $400 depending upon condition. Definitely a piece of history. I had a friend years ago that had an amazing California hunting license collection (he is gone now - I often wonder what became of his collection). That stuff is just kind of neat.

Attachments

• Ding.JPG
    Ding.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 66
They are cool John........I love old hunting stuff, especially waterfowl.......Did you know the 1st hunting licenses in California were a badge........Found this one in an antique shop in Ramona.

Attachments

• IMG_7992.JPG
    IMG_7992.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 21
Wow...that is cool. I like the old neck bands too. It just amazes me how quickly time has passed and how things have changed. It is one of the reasons I love hunting waterfowl so much. When you are in a waterfowl blind, it's as if, for just a moment, time stands still or even goes back.

I feel for the man who has never stepped foot into a waterfowl blind...It is a journey like no other.

wow Steve thanks for showing us your first years hunting lic. Cool that you saved it :)

Aeon said:
wow Steve thanks for showing us your first years hunting lic. Cool that you saved it :)

Now Bill...........That's funny $hit right there..........Actually it was 1959......... ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu