FIANLLY. a bass.

So I’ve been starting a new business and working my old job full time so no days off for 2 months.
Finally got to a point my wife and I could get out. Made reservations hitched the trailer up and hit the road yesterday about noon. Got to lake Casitas about 2 set up and fished the evening. I got something big about sunset but he took off with my best lure. Lesson learned always check your old knot on your lure. After a good sleep in this morning (I did not realize oh beat I was) and a trip to the local walmart 30min away we get back and it’s hot and breezy and we don’t expect much. Second cast out off a shallow point and BAM. One of the best bass I’ve ever gotten and a first in a long while. We stayed a while longer but nothing. We will hit it again this evening. They have night shore fishing this weekend until 11.

Reactions: longduck
Looks like a really nice fish. Did you weigh it? What did it hit?

Steve. I forgot to bring any type of ice chest and I wanted to keep it cool so I had to tie it off in the water for a while.

I was tossing a regular old 3“. Rapalla.
No weight it got cleaned and went right into the trailer freezer.

That’s huge. I didn’t know they grew that big in the canals.
I know right.. what are some tips for the canals? I do poorly there but am always wanting to give it a try because I hear from so many guys that score bass and cats. I try to locate the drops and structure areas but I still suck. Sorry for the thread jack..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s huge. I didn’t know they grew that big in the canals.

That All American is pretty big and I guess the fish have time to grow. Lots of bluegill in that drop that the bass was caught. The guys said he used a large size swimbait to make it hit. I'm heading out to put some cams in the desert and will do a loop and hit the canal on the way back into town on Saturday.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I know right.. what are some tips for the canals? I do poorly there but am always wanting to give it a try because I hear from so many guys that score bass and cats. I try to locate the drops and structure areas but I still suck. Sorry for the thread jack..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

for reals, sorry about the thread jack... I always do job with live bait, just about every fish will hit it. Fishing at night also helps, the striped bass are active at night. When I can't find minnows I switch over the crank baits.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu