Final Hours of the 2013 season

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Last chance tomorrow. Who's going out. I was up in the woods today till sundown. It was gonna be my last ditch effort, but on my way out I saw a group of 7 does feeding towards my spot and right in the middle of them stood a very nice buck. I couldn't tell how good but he was tall. And then the rancher tells me a really nice buck ran across the meadow yesterday afternoon. He said he got a good look at it with bino's and it might be a tall 3x4. I Sure would like to get a New Years Eve Bruiser.

Sdbirds said:
I have not seen a decent deer in 2 weeks. I don't know anything about this guy. If was the last day of riffle season I would just set up in the middle of the meadow on a rock pile and wait him out. Then my biggest challenge would be staying awake. But tomorrow I gotta be in the right spot at the right time and still stay awake. Tough call, they could be any where in the morning or no where. Guess we will see what the wind is doing and take it from there.

My partner and i were out today until sundown as well.didnt see a thing all day.Going out tomorrow to end the season right hopefully.This was a wierd hot season.lots of close calls but havent been able to seal the deal and its not from lack of trying.lol

Good luck to all of you. I went out scouting yesterday. No one else on the mountain other than BPAs; nice and quiet, but no deer sightings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is looking like tag soup...... I am pretty sure the reason I am not seeing anything today can be attributed to all of the coyotes I have seen today, all over 100 yards but they were lurking.

CMPeterson said:
It is looking like tag soup...... I am pretty sure the reason I am not seeing anything today can be attributed to all of the coyotes I have seen today, all over 100 yards but they were lurking.

That sucks.

Same story here. Saw one coyote for the day. Spent a lot of time hunting this year and got a few nice bucks on camera but nothing came in closer than 80 yards. That's a bit of a stretch for this bow hunter. Regardless, I enjoyed the season and was able to convince my daughter to go with me this final day. That's the best way I know to end a season.

Well a little tag soup for me too.. No deer to be seen on the closer. I had a few coyotes come through also. I hunted till about 10:30 and on the way out I found a 3 day old calf the coyotes killed. So I guess Lungpopper and I will go to work on them next.

Tag soup for me too. I counted and I hunted over 24 times this season. That is a lot of gas and time away from family. On the last day I decided to go and scout a new area for next year instead of sitting in a tree down south to see nothing like my last 4 times.

Goals for next year:

Find new spot
Buy property
Kill buck

BuckHunter said:
Tag soup for me too. I counted and I hunted over 24 times this season. That is a lot of gas and time away from family. On the last day I decided to go and scout a new area for next year instead of sitting in a tree down south to see nothing like my last 4 times.

Goals for next year:

Find new spot
Buy property
Kill buck

lol. Worthy goals, Buckhunter. Best of luck for 2014!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu