Finally came together

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
of course the instant I think I’ve got tons of time to get back into predator hunting, work picks up for months and sends me traveling. Been out a handful of time this year with no success and only a couple sightings.

got some unexpected time off,went back and forth about if I should even go out this morning, or I could just be lazy. So glad I went out.

about 30 minutes in the stand someone finally comes strolling in and within range!! Pumped to finally knock one down after nearly 15 years since the last one. 6.5 Grendel at 120ish yards dropped her in her tracks.
9628EE8D-DDEC-494A-BA21-FBD7C1F8FA2D.jpeg

Congrats on the kill. I have the fixed mag for my rifle, it's a pain but i'm legal I guess.

Right on Man! 120yds? 1 shot? Rifle on shooting sticks Or..?

1 shot, dropped in its tracks. I was using a monopod shooting stick, you can see it running under the mag well in the pic. With all the rain, it wasnt the best support in soft dirt. Probably going to look at shooting sticks or some long bipods to for better distribution in softer conditions and better to lean in on. But at that point, I dont think it mattered that much. Since its been so long since my last coyote it felt like the first time all over again.....luckily I caught myself and got my breathing under control as I lined up the shot...lol

The Primos Trigger-Sticks have these interesting multi-fingered feet on them. The Tall Monopod is only two sections though, so doesn't go down as small as your thing there. Seriously though, while you're looking checkout the Kwik Stix shooting sticks. They also don't have thick feet so can be problematic on soft stuff a lil bit, but they don't weigh hardly anything! Packup nice and small, easy to extract from a side pocket.

The Trigger Sticks weigh a bit because they're made pretty sturdy. The tripod Trigger Stick is pretty cool. Works nice on a hillside.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu