Finally started the process Newbie

jkatracing

After years of wanting to hunt, i finally completed the online hunters-ed and researching my first purchase.
Probably will start with upland game birds this year (maybe) if i can find a shotgun.
Anyway, thanks for letting me in and i hope to learn and contribute eventually.

Ed

Welcome Ed! Picking up a shotgun is your best bet to get out and about and start learning the areas. I am a late onset hunter as well..I am 32 and barely on my 3rd season..still have lots to learn but most questions I have are usually answered by searching old posts on here. If you are a local I'd suggest joining the NWTF San Diego chapter..we meet once a month. There is actually a meeting tomorrow evening in Poway.

Thanks for the invite but I’m in LA (Torrance). I’m much older than you but since our family doesn’t have a history of hunting it’s taken me longer. I’m much more of a fisherman (fresh and offshore) but enjoy being outdoors so I’m hoping to try this out!

Welcome aboard Ed . Came to the right place . Get out there and you will find them . What part of town are you in ?

Thanks for the welcome! I’m in Torrance. Working on getting a shotgun and hoping to go this year!!! No clue where but will figure it out.

Welcome Ed. I know a couple guys from duck hunting that live in the Torrance/Hawthorne area.. long drive to hunting areas but worth the time investment if you can swing it.

Back