Fire damaged Restricted Areas

s14slide

Mar 21, 2016
Does anyone have a link to see where access to NF land is restricted due to fire damage?

I'm planning on hunting D-14 in the fall. I know of the Lake Fire that happened last summer while I was deployed, but I cannot find any official maps or links that show the areas that are restricted. I've found maps, but none from an official NF or state site and the ones I have seen are all different by a large degree.

Best thing to do is boots on the ground and tires rolling. Nothing better then a good recon of any area first hand. Take maps and have a few places to try inches one is closed.

;)

I only ask because I came across a no access sign with a bunch of arbitrary locations marking a no entry zone around the burn area. Hopefully this rain will sprout some fresh growth in the land.

s14slide said:
;)

I only ask because I came across a no access sign with a bunch of arbitrary locations marking a no entry zone around the burn area. Hopefully this rain will sprout some fresh growth in the land.
I'd call or drop by the ranger station to ask them if areas are restricted and if so, how do they mark them. Anyone can put up a sign. Make sure they are official.

I know Bedford canyon motorway is still blocked off from a fire more than 2 years ago.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu