First blood with the new AR

Wow we totally hijacked this thread :) Sorry

I was thinking the same thing - Sorry ODI.

By the way ODI. Can we see a better picture of your AR?

2012-03-20144715_zpsad29fa41.gif
Here is a picture right after I finished assembling all the parts. The fore grip bi-pod was attached so I could get a good picture. The scope and mount was dry fitted to check clearance with my iron sight folded down. I run the rifle with iron sights and no fore grip. Lower is a Rock River Arms with their parts kit and Operator CAR stock. Upper is a Palmetto State Arms upper with a 14.5" double chrome lined machine gun steel FN barrel. This is the same barrel made by FN for the M240/249 machine guns, so they are very durable and have a 80,000+ round life. Some say they are not accurate but mine shoots sub MOA at 200yds with Lake City 62gr 5.56 ammo. The flash suppressor is pined and welded to make it 16" and ATF legal. Chose the mid-length upper for a longer sight radius, longer forearm and lower chamber pressure. Because of the shorter barrel they recommend the Colt H2 buffer used in the full auto SBR entry guns. Forearm and grip are Magpul flat dark earth. What I wanted was a light short handy carbine that would last me a life time and make a great coyote rifle.

That is a nice rig ODI. From your post - you sound like a guy that may know a thing or two about the M4 platform! ::) ::)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu