FIRST BULL DOWN IN NEW MEXICO!! Epic rut fest

It is Elk hunting. Different skill set then deer. A guide makes sense to me. How many grains for the bullet? Sounds like a great kill shot.

John

Reactions: JonnyZ
Do you mind sharing with us what part of the state?....What outfitter/guide service?............................:blush:

See any turkeys?...............................;)
Not at all! We hunted around and east of Raton. I believe I killed my bull within a few miles of the CO border. The outfitter is booked out through 2027 and will not book beyond that. He doesn’t like to book more than a couple years out for the fact that land leases can change and he prefers not to over commit. I saw a few groups of turkey but expected I would have seen more…

It is Elk hunting. Different skill set then deer. A guide makes sense to me. How many grains for the bullet? Sounds like a great kill shot.

John
I shot a 212 gr ELD-X,,, I got the rifle built and couldn’t do any load development but the plan was to use the Berger 215 gr hybrid target.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu