First gen FoxPro

Huntndogs

Hunt with an ugly dog
Apr 19, 2011
Inland
Calls those scoundrels in just fine..Comes with spinning decoy they can’t resist. $45.00 in East County.

Attachments

• D2119476-A8B2-4720-8E5B-3E6A442C3CDB.jpeg
    D2119476-A8B2-4720-8E5B-3E6A442C3CDB.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Yep, That unit sure does work. great buy for beginner (I still haven't upgraded, no need 6 yrs) and for $45 bucks it's a no brainer.

Reactions: Huntndogs
The Spitfire is the first electronic call I owned. Still use it as a back up to this day. They were $200 brand new and that Mojo Critter decoy is around $40 brand new. This is a great deal.

Reactions: Huntndogs
I visually like the way the action of the Primos Sit n Spin looks more. Seems like it looks more like the random movements of a injured animal to me. Time will tell I guess. I've also picked-up a Mojo2 since it has the 3 deployable legs. Some places I've gone it's a real bear to get the regular spike drove into hard ground good enough. Plus much faster to stuff the Mojo2 back into my pack with those shock-corded tripod legs. I also really like the way the Primos one handles the moldings they have for storing the spike on the unit. The Mojo doesn't have that so I'd always have to break it down each time and carefully put it into a bag I have to hold it all together, then stuff that into one of my outside pockets on the pack. If not careful that spike can jack up your pack.

I sure wish on the top of that original Mojo they had also covered that top of it with the faux fur. Or design a bunch of ridges into that smooth flat top surface. In early morning hours that top surface reflects a lot of sunlight. You'll notice on the Mojo2 they rounded it out a lot to prevent those unnatural reflections from going on.

I suppose this is less of an issue (the spike injuring your pack) for those who don't have to hike in as much. Just some observations I thought I'd mention.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu