First SoCal Buck

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Walked up on a group of 5 doe and 3 bucks. He was the biggest and stood 20 yards from me. I shot him and he ran 50 yards. Drug him out for a mile and some fellow hunters helped me with the second mile. Great hunt!

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 253
Nice SoCal buck !

D16 Rifle on the last day I'll guess.

I used a Mosin Nagant Rifle (7.62x54R). Punched my D-16 tag on the last day! I was so stoked when I found him. Also felt nice that there was a group of 4 hunters that offered their help with getting him out and wanted nothing in return but to shake my hand and congratulate me. It was the hardest that I ever had to work to get a deer and mores rewarding than the big whitetail that's in my profile pic on this site. Thanks for all the congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu