First solo hunting trip D15

From the tracks looks like they maybe a couple of does, if so at this time of year there maybe a buck around as well.

I'm in a similar situation as you beginning my hunting journey solo. I was also in D15 and I saw similar sign. I actually got onto a "forky," but he took off into some pretty thick brush and I couldn't get a shot on him (my inexperience). I hunted D19 and saw lots of sign and ideal habitat, but I only ended up seeing three does. I did stumble across a covey of Mountain Quail deep and high up in D19 that I'm going to head back to next week and see if they're still around for the taking. You definitely have a good spot to scout and keep tabs on for next season. Good luck!

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu