First time out

Boya321

Sep 21, 2015
Hey guys it's gonna be my first time going to San j tomorrow I'm gonna try and sweat line my question is how many people can you have in a blind on a sweat line draw does it defer from a reservation. Also what are the chances of getting on I tried the search but doesn't work very well on my app any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Log into the site directly from your phone , it has a fully responsive layout for mobile devices and you get all the features

Good luck tomorrow

San J is fun to shoot, your chances are not great getting on from the sweat line, this early in the season there could be quite a few people showing up for their reservations, once the res are called, then its a crap shoot, i have been called first and i have been called last, being called last isnt good at all. what i do now is wait for the reservations to finish their hunt, then you refill their blind and hope for an afternoon shoot. been a couple years since i have been there but this is what i recall.

I think they have around 52 spots (blinds)......After reservations are all called......Then the sweatline list is put into the computer and it spits out the numbers in order you signed the sheet (for instance, 1-60 & 60 could be #1 sweatline pic).

Last Saturday we were number 24 in the reservation line......We were the 14th pic......Meaning 10 ressies did not show before us......Shooting has been pretty slow. So, your chances of getting on are a little better right now.....Good luck

You may have up to 4 people per blind......To be honest, 2 is way better in most blinds. And some blinds can only accommodate 2.

Any other questions?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Sj crowd has been multiplying it's been tough to get on in the sweat line. Hopefully your commutes not to long or you plan to stick it out all day been slow out there.

Is getting on San J just like sweating it out on Wister. You show up there the night before, sign up and the sweat list gets put out at 11pm or is it show up there that morning?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Sign up is from 3 to 330 sharp and when reservations are almost done they post sweat line results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu