First time to a mile today with the 300wm

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
Went out this morning to test some ammo on the 6.5 cm and got the opportunity to shoot the 300wm to a mile. I should have scooted 2 yards closed so it was 1776! 20210110_112657.jpg

Last edited:
Just some fun info to compare ballistics. My friend and I were both shooting 300wm. Here is our info
My gun:
Berger 215 Hybrid @ 2970 fps
Dope was 17.75 mils of elevation

His gun:
SMK 220 @ 2873
Dope was 19.1

Just 100 fps and a better BC had a 1.35 mil difference between our guns. We really started to notice a big difference around 1200 yards. We had to verify dope because it was soo off.

That might be a fun place for the sch cup..... Just saying @punkur67
It would be but I dont have a hook up like that. I am an invited guest and there are not many of those. They do rent time for training . I can ask what the price would be to rent if everyone wanted to pitch in

Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu