Fish taco sauce recipe

Haven’t eaten large mouth since I was a kid. We use to fish the Santee sand pits and we would beer batter them and use this same sort of taco sauce. Good stuff brings back memories.

Reactions: bigfishnfreak
Three equal parts mayo, sour cream ,plain yogurt. Add salsa to taste.
Mixed together, add to tortilla, cabbage , and your fish
This recipe is very close to how we make the sauce, only difference is we add lime juice. Love fish tacos!

Another favorite in our household is corned beef tacos! Had them one time at Hooleys, game over and stole that idea!

This recipe is very close to how we make the sauce, only difference is we add lime juice. Love fish tacos!

Another favorite in our household is corned beef tacos! Had them one time at Hooleys, game over and stole that idea!
X2. I don't put yogurt but I do the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, seasoning salt, and cilantro.

And if you like Hooley's tacos, you gotta check out the corned beef tacos at West Coast Smoke and Taphouse. Only available on Taco Tuesdays but man... they're good

Morgan corned beef tacos are best... i take the shredded corned beef throw it in skillet to reheat with taco seasoning

X2. I don't put yogurt but I do the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, seasoning salt, and cilantro.

And if you like Hooley's tacos, you gotta check out the corned beef tacos at West Coast Smoke and Taphouse. Only available on Taco Tuesdays but man... they're good
20200818_171223.jpg
Taco Tuesday corned beef taco! Yummm.. this is not helping me get in wilderness shape.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I use 50/50 Sour cream and plain yogurt, lime juice to thin it a bit, and then very finely chopped jalapeno to add a little heat. Sometimes, I also add finely chopped cilantro, but prefer to just add leaf cilantro on top of the tacos.

Reactions: bigfishnfreak
There is a restaurant nearby that has the best white sauce for fish tacos and fish burritos. My wife asks for double sauce on the side so she can use it for an extra meal. But it doesn’t taste like ranch dressing. I’m guessing the plain yogurt and lemon change the flavor. The restaurant is El Patron (not to be mixed with the taquila).
I’d like to ask them for their recipe but I suspect they just buy it in bulk.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu