Fishing Guide Service

RKE

Dec 24, 2018
Evening all. For his 9th bday, my son really wants to catch some fish. Sadly, I am completely ignorant when it comes to fishing. When I was a kid my Dad, brothers, and I would head to to fish and catch nothing even though the guy next to us was realing them in. We would even move to where he was when he left and nadda! Any ways... anyone know of an affordable service we can try out?

Get on the half day boat, make sure to tell the deckhand you need help. You will catch fish. Better to go after march 1st so you can keep some rockfish.

Fresh water or salt?
Boats or shore?

Always good to start at the saltwater piers no license requirements and lots of fisherman & fish for a young kid to explore. Just go and let the kid do the talking and asking how what and where. Then go get/rent some gear and have fun.

Sorry, I should have included this in the original post: Freshwater, preferably on a boat.

Fishing this time of year is tough...I'd wait till at least April and target warm water species...Bass, crappie, catfish, & bluegill...Carp are also an option that can be easy to catch at places like Lake Henshaw.

Bait can be pretty simple...Nitecrawlers, red worms, meal worms, and a can of corn.

Freshwater fishing gear can be easy to get too...I probably have some stuff I'd just give you.

If you send me a PM later in the spring...I can meet you up at Henshaw.

I recommend to watch lots of youtube videos, look at specific type of fishing, this time of year trout fishing is good, look at lakes near by an look at stock days of the month. just google stocking by department of fish and game. some lakes are fished out some are not, give your general location and every one here would be glad to help.
as ilovesprig said above when the weather warms up there is more species of fish will start biting. for keeping a kid happy I will use cheap poles and reals with light line 6lb test,
use floating bobbers, small hooks, like # 14, and use redworms or cut night crawlers, or meal worms to catch bluegill small panfish. there are lots of those to catch to keep them happy
and entertained.

if you live near henshaw i would take up ilovesprigs offer , he is a well known fisherman and a great guy. he will will help you get started.

https://kokemachineguideservice.com/ look up this member name is Robbie Aka koke machine he is the master at lake Comanche and amador that might be about a 3 hr drive for you but the man puts limits in the boat for his clients on a continuous basis.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRICER
This summer, try Lake Isaballa...Frenchman's Gulch, Camp 3, Rocky Point are all place that you can catch warm water species on the baits I mentioned earlier.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu