Fixed carburetor problem

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
My old F250 has not been running right , for while. I had a old Edelbrock 1406 performer laying around from my old Chevy. Square bore fit my existing manifold. I got lucky. I got took a few years ago from summit , purchased a rebuilt holly 4180c 4 barrel oem to fit existing smog. And it has never ran right. Tried tuning it and couldn't get to run..sucks. But Edelbrock is like a new truck. So much torque in that old 460 engine. My old Buick la Crosse is on its last leg. This is just in time. Phew no wheels running.

With all the complex electronics our vehicles have nowadays, having the mechanical know-how to tune a carb is now a lost art form. I remember zip-tying my vacuum secondary's on my old, rebuilt Holley 3310 to "run a quicker 60' time" when really i just flooded the floats faster lol.

glad you got that old F250 running again.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu