FnG what the F?!?!

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
So I called the San Diego office of Fish and Wildlife ( located on Ruffin Rd) and told them that I am new to the SD area and would like to speak to a wildlife biologist or Game Warden about places to check out for deer hunting in the D-16 unit..
The girl that answered the phone told me that they do not give out that type of information.. I asked politely again, if there was anybody at all I could talk to about a new resident locating places to hunt? She said again, "sir I will not give you anybodys name or number to tell you places you can go hunt. We do not do that!" .
I then told her I have hunted in many many other states and it's even told to call a state bio to get info on places to hunt and this is the first time I have ever been told in any state that they won't give out this info or even lets speak to someone about it. She then said, "we get so many calls about this, that If we answered all the questions like this, that we would need a full time person to just sit here and answer these questions. Is there anything else I can help you with? Because if not I'm going to get off the phone now"..
I'm Speechless!!!!!!!! Is this true? Have any of you been told the same? I can't believe it?! Is there anyone else I can talk to about this?

The desk girls don't help at all and seem lost from time to time......their is a deer bio for D16 or there was Steve will know more.
I'd recommend just get a map and hit the BLM lands for deer, NF second then glass glass and more glassing.

Yeah,
I have a CNF map and have been getting around on my own and with a little advise from a few on here. I just thought maybe they could give me a few more ideas of places to check out.. Still can't believe this conversation with this chick! I'm pretty sure tax payer dollars go to pay her salary right?

Tim,

I'd call.......1-800-ilovesprig........lol

Yes, Randy Botta is the biologist for most our deer areas of D-16.......Kevin Brennan for D-15 & 19.......Know them both......They may not tell you much either. And if you get some info, it most probably will be very general......This isn't anything new......Like Mark suggested, this county (D-16) isn't that big and the huntable areas are pretty well marked.

PM me for more specifics.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu