Food plots

Skinny Hunter

Apr 8, 2011
A friend of mine owns 40 acres and want to try to bring in some deer. What would be the best thing to plant? He has water and his land borders a Nation forest.

Wow,

That's a great question Barry- And welcome aboard!. I am sure there are some folks who can help. I have been think about what does grow in areas where mule deer are abundant. Simple Alfalfa can be good. I shot my largest mule deer in the desert but it lived in a cotton field and fed in the alfalfa. I was lucky enough for someone to spook the deer out of the cotton and into my cross-hairs a mile away (the shot was 70 yards).

John

Thanks for the advice. Still doing a little research I'll let you know what happens. By the way great web site for a new comer to the Hunting world.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu