For hunting lead vs copper by Ron

So Ron explained it very well. A good point he made was not the weight of a copper bullet that makes it unstable but the length vs the twist of the barrel.
I thought it was informative. Your thoughts. And I yes the groves on the bullets are for less friction and pressure.
And stabilize on the barrel lands.

I thought it made sense since the density ls less for copper it has to be longer to obtain the same weight. There for harder to stabilize if the twist of the barrel is not enough twist. Thoughts

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu