Free GSP

fordfan1

Sep 5, 2012
San Diego
My buddy called me last night telling me he had to get rid of his german short hair pointer. I don't know too many details other than he's taking to the pound today. I guess since he brought his new born home last week it has been really protective over his kids and if anyone new comes over he snaps at them and has actually bit three people in the last week. He told me its a really great dog and listens well. I dont think its trained for hunting and its not a puppy but if your interested I can put you in contact with him for more details. I wish I could take him but I don't have a place sutible. Just pm me.

My brother in law has an older GSP that's doing the same thing. I think the dog's 8 years old and since he was 7 he started nipping and biting people over the littlest things. Even people he's known from a pup. Strange.

Yea I think this is an older dog too. Snake Charmer was really nice and talked to my buddy over the phone about the whole issue and seems like the only fix is to get rid of her. Its really a bummer. But at least he said he was going to take it to the GSP rescue.

Great...The rescue will find a nice home. Better than the alternative! :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu