Friend shot his hand (Gruesome)

Good point Randomshot. The day I stop doing stupid things, I'll be dead. In the meantime I never pass judgment. ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

Ummmmmmm..you can fix ignorant ,you can fix broken, you can fix a hand but you cannot my friends fix stupid.....quote uncle silus Marian Robertson . Sorry but somebody had to do it. Reality sucks I know but come on man. The only way that this can be justified is if he said a rednecks famous last words......hey y'all watch this. Oh and is or was he a scgh pro staffer.haha lmfao. Hey I've shot my self with nailguns, staple guns, all sorts of jobdite mishaps. But you put a firearm in my hand and its like its loaded all the time regardless.

I started out in a sheet metal shop,fabrication, then a machine shop. believe me I seen many accidents, and they are never pretty.
believe me accidents happen regardless how safe some one is. I have been lucky my 35+ years I only have had one accident. but I have had some close calls.
Safety is a must in our sport. we must talk, sleep, & practice it.
constructive advice for each other is a given. if we see someone making a mistake it's our right to let them know. & he or she must comply.
for our own safety,

LBH2

That was gnarly. There are two pictures. The bloody one with the hole in his hand looks like hamburger. Surprised he didn't bleed out.

I think I'd miss my middle finger. I use it often. ;)

Gentlemen, point taken: user error and no doubt about that. As a result of this discussion I've looked up a variety of bore-sighting tools. A lot of them look just like a bullet, which could cause confusion on a messy workbench. In-chamber bore-sighting tools are to be used with the bolt closed. One brand even markets itself as helping you with your quick draw (yikes!). A lot of people on this sight are new gun owners like me, and this whole discussion makes me think I need to review my online firearm safety course in the context of this event. Maybe a trigger lock would not be a bad idea if the bolt must be closed while I'm working with a firearm? We all know not to trust the safety.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hard to call it with out actually being there , bottom line is from day one you should be taught always treat a firearm as a loaded weapon!! What's done is done and glad to here he will recover. What don't take us out makes us stronger. Good Luck with the recovery physically and mentally. That's a tuff one to over come.

Looks like this man is already back out in the field. Good for him. Glad to see that he is healing physically and mentally.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 40

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu