Friendsgiving

8SteelTown

My family is doing a "Friendsgiving" this year. Basically a pre-thanksgiving potluck with friends. Got a 22# turkey and 3 mallards for the main protein. Brined the birds for 5 days. Not sure how I'm going to cook them but most likely will roast the whole bird and stove top the breasts. I'll post up some "after" pics this weekend. Always love cooking my kills for non-hunters!

awesome!! I do the same thing at my place, its always cool to see non-hunters give game a try. :) some come back for seconds and thirds most of the time/

Great idea........My super bowl party is pretty much based on this as well.......Lots of folks who've never tried wild game.....And love it....... 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu