Fully guided bull elk hunt

Larry Cochran

Utah Buck 2010
Jan 8, 2011
Alpine, Ca
I want to book a guided bull elk hunt 2 years from now. What state is the best, where would I have the best opportunities? Looking at Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico. What outfit do you recommend?
Thank you for your input,
Larry Cochran

Your budget dictates what will be best.

If you haven't been putting in for points in all the states mentioned (except New Mexico which doesn't have a point system) over the past few years your chances of drawing a bull hunt in a premium zone are slim to none. I would suggest that you become a member of Huntin Fool and use them to find a landowner tag and guide. It wont be cheap but if its endorsed by Huntin Fool it is probably a good hunt.

Pm me bro, my good buddy dad has a vary well know outfit..... I'll hook you up with him !

Larry, my brothers and I just went through this, looking at at MT and ID as well. Snake Charmer's point is a good one. To get good background info on NM, check Elite Outfitters (sponsor of SCH, check the SCH home page for the link). Great info there. I also got some great advice from NBK and LP that helped me know what to look for. In CO, check out J&D Outfitters. CO has a Ranchers for Wildlife (R4W) program and special allocations for non resident hunters so you don't need points. As Snake Charmer says, these hunts are not cheap, but you can get a tag through the outfitter even if you don't have points. PM me if you want more info. We looked at a ton of outfitters all over the west. I'm no expert, but we did a lot of homework.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu