GAIA GPS maps

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Has anyone here played around with the GAIA GPS maps? Seems to do everything onX does at a much better price. Some of the GAIA layers are pretty trick.

Thoughts?

gaiagps

Reactions: JakeSCH and sportyg
I run both. GAIA's web interface is pretty slick and I really like the ability to plan routes for navigating offroad. I also like their topo maps and its easier than ONX to download large areas for offline use. I bought a cheap Samsung tablet to run it in the truck with an 8" screen and am pretty happy with that setup. It was super convenient on a recent antelope hunt for navigating BLM roads in the middle of nowhere and doesn't drain the phone. I still like ONX for landownership though.

Reactions: sportyg
I like the GAIA for keeping old tracks, and it helps me find my way out when I loose reception, Offline map still works. Also gives me miles walked, and altitude.
But, I run both.

Reactions: sportyg
Took a look at it yesterday, liked the maps so downloaded it now I need to add the phone app.

I hear good things about GAIA, especially if you have an iphone.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu