Game Cam issues

I have couple of moultries game cams
That didn't like 32 GB SD cards
I changed them out for 16 GB SD cards
And it worked fine.
For what ever reason the bios in the game cam could not recognize the bigger SD cards.
Now in a computer bios there is a much larger capicity. It should have no problem
Formating 32 GB card or larger.
The older computers could not utilize
A large hard drive . To to use it it had to be partition to smaller size
Old school, I had programs that would do that, and as well as copy and mirror a whole drive for a back up. Ghost for Linux, and symantics ghost.
These game cams are very basic.
It's just a smart camera.
It is possible the camera damaged the SD card. Or it was mis handle by someone
At the store, or it could be defective.

Still having issues.tried another card and same thing.except this time i triied to format the 16 g sdhc cards first before putting it in the camera. Damn computers wont format them.im about to take this crap back.stupid. i even triied downloading sd tools and it still dont work.UUGGGHH!!! fustrating.

I have never had to format the SD cards, I just threw them in right out of the box and they worked. If your computer reads them, you could always create a DCIM folder on the drive and then reinsert it to the game cam and it may pick it up.

I been triing soo many things.idk.
Thinking i need a cheezy 2 gig card or something.im about to take it all back and get my money back.its bein that stupid.but even my comp.should reconize the crap do previews.grrr.

I've had great luck with the cheap Scan Disk SD cards from Wally World. I stay away from the micro SD cards with adapters.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu