Game Cam issues

TeamRoper

Oct 24, 2018
So i went and bought a stealth cam. Qs12x
Bought what i thought i needed in a sdhc card and i cant get the thing formatted.
My computer junk or what?
Im thinking i need just a sd card.but i triied everything.alowin permissions.am i retarded or what? I have a cert.in comp maintenance and cant figure this out.im not a software guy. HELP?

SOMETHINGS EATING MY TOMATOES!!!Grr ima find out what it is.i think its a raccoon

What brand mfg is the SD card?
And what capacity?

If the gigibyte capacity is large some cameras won't read it. Or don't like it.

Insert the SD card into the computer
In the correct sd slot , and see if the
Computer reads it like a drive.
If it doesn't doesn't open my computer
And see if it has given a drive for.
Right click on the SD card
And format it
Warning ********************
If you don't know how to do this have
A friend to do this for you.
More to come

Mac,

What's easiest for me is...I take my SD card and put it into one of my Canon cameras with provided cord...Insert cord into laptop (HP) and download...It will come on your screen and just follow directions.

Also they sell a gender changer it has USB at one end and SD slot at the opposite
End it cost like 12 dollars.
Insert SD card into it and insert it to a USB drive good to go.

Make sure the camera has fresh batteries.
Insert the SD card into it.
Follow the instructions to format the SD card in the camera.
It is always better to do it this way.
Try this , let us know if it works.

After formating the SD card in the camera
Set up for test.
Follow the instructions to Take pictures
Set in house or outside and walk by it.
It display # or something on the camera if it has taken pictures.

Also they sell a gender changer it has USB at one end and SD slot at the opposite
End it cost like 12 dollars.
Insert SD card into it and insert it to a USB drive good to go.

Make sure the camera has fresh batteries.
Insert the SD card into it.
Follow the instructions to format the SD card in the camera.
It is always better to do it this way.
Try this , let us know if it works.

This. Format the card in the camera.

Try the simple ideas first like those mentioned above, also the card might have a small lock switch on the side, make sure it isn't locked.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Ok so i have the usb adapter and yes it acts like a drive. But the damn thing wont format.its a san disk 16 gig sdhc.the computer should format it.but it clunks and grinded for a few hours.it now the camera says no card.wth.
I have yet to try the camera method.fn grrrr

I have those Stealth Cams... just put the card in and let it roll... never had a formatting issue.

I know Larry is reading this right now and is wanting so bad to tell me I'm so full of sh!t... love it... Ed F
I did and it seemed like it was working.and when i went to check what i had on it.it said format sd.so yea.did that first

I did and it seemed like it was working.and when i went to check what i had on it.it said format sd.so yea.did that first
Maybe it's your card reader or computer. I'm serious, I've never been asked to format a card. I'm not that sophisticated... Ed F

Have you looked at the side of your sd card. you can actually lock them so they cannot be formatted so you do not overwrite a card. its a small slide on the side of the card.

Attachments

• sd card.PNG
    sd card.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 4

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu