game/trail cam..?? primos 46 ultra or the 46 ultra blackout..???

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
just wondering if anyone has any info on the primos 46 ultra cam and the 46 blackout...are there any major advantages that the blackout has over the regular 46 ultra..or is it all marketing...looking to buy asap...any info would be great thanx....

I like the Ultra 46 and the Ultra 35. I have not tried the Blackout model. It may be good if you have hunters walking by in the dark and you don't want them to see your camera. The standard Ultra's have Red LEDs you can see in the dark.

thanx for the reply....with the 46`s do you think the bucks see the flash at night....thats the reason i am thinking on the blackout.....??

Not sure. Some say that deer can't see red light. I used it a bunch in Utah and there were a few night pic's where the deer were looking right at the camera when it was set to take 4 or 5 in a row.

Confirmed! The deer do see the red IR light. I got 10 pic's in a row of this doe looking at the camrera not wanting to walk passed it with her fawn.

Attachments

• PRMS0036.JPG
    PRMS0036.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 10
  • PRMS0040.JPG
    PRMS0040.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 10
She's thinking - Damn that looks like Buckhunters Cam. Old Bucky Nuts is screwed if he comes up this trail!!!

NBK said:
She's thinking - Damn that looks like Buckhunters Cam. Looks like old bucky is screwed if he comes up this trail!!!

She's the key and doen't even know it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu