getting a pigs attention?

SDbear

Jan 26, 2014
Has anyone had success with pig attractants? I have located a large group that has been destroying meadow after meadow. Is there a way to draw them in thats legal in California? Im positive they are moving at night and want to get them in the light to make a legal kill. Any suggestions? Please dont ask me where :)

Were you out this past Sunday am walking the roads/meadows wearing orange driving a red truck? If that was you slow down and work the wind. Sit and listen awhile and when you see fresh tracks follow VERY SLOWLY they can be just 30yds in the thick stuff bedding.

I've heard squealing works. Performance Archery has some pig calls never tried them to scared on public land.

Let us know what you find out

I used the pig herd in a stick scent in Japan and it worked pretty well getting them on the trail cam but not while hunting.

Oh by the way, where was this at? ;D

This would classify as illegal baiting in CA but I know the hogs go crazy for the stench of rotting fruit.. in Hawaii we'd find where they wallow and spread a bunch of rotting papayas/apples/etc. Not sure how u could try that here though legally.

Matagi said:
I used the pig herd in a stick scent in Japan and it worked pretty well getting them on the trail cam but not while hunting.

Oh by the way, where was this at? ;D
thats not a bad idea. I talked to a guy that said the pigs show up when his domestic sow is in heat. I hear you have got two localy. Thats like getting struck my lightning twice.

fried twinkies get them every time at fair, pretty sure they will work for you to!
pic_friedTwinkies.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu