Glacier NP.

ke1234567

Jul 24, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA
Leaving Friday for 8 days in Glacier NP. Two days up, six days in the park and 2 days back. Driving and taking my 18 yo daughter and two of her friends, before she leaves for college.

I have camp ground reserved outside of West Glacier (I tried east side but everything booked up 180 days out to the minute...) Have hikes planned, some white water rafting. Got the truck packed. Curious if anyone has any recent info or tips. Fires, bears, mosquitos? I know they recently shut down all wood camp fires, so I'm taking a propane fire pit, grill and stove. Not too worried about temps as I don't anticipate it colder than 45-50 at night. Gonna try and snag a vehicle pass, but already planning to be inside park before 0600 every day to avoid parking hassles at trail heads.

I am at Glacier now. Smoke in air most days but that is usual for this time of year. Saw 3 grizzlies and 1 black bear from the road inside the park. Like you said just buy the vehicle pass for 7 days and be in the park park before 6am if you can't get a "going to the sun road pass" reserved 2 days in advance. If you enter the park from the west (Camas Road or West Glacier entrance) and drive the going to the sun road all the way to the St. Mary visitor center be aware that you can't get get back into the park until after 5PM if you don't have the "going to the sun road pass".

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu