Glad to be here... New to the Forum

AirRifleHunter

Hike, Scout, Glass, Prepare and then, Get it Done!
Feb 8, 2013
Hi SCH Froum members,

I figured the first thing I should do is come here and introduce myself. I go by Air Rifle Hunter. I hunt with both firearms and airguns. I have been hunting for around two and a half years now and have harvested many cottontials, jack rabbits, quail and doves. I've also exterminated over 300 grounds squirrels since I started hunting.

I've been Turkey hunting the last few seasons but still haven't bagged my first turkey yet. I'm hoping to accomplish that this Spring season. I've also been scouting for wild hogs, but haven't had any success yet. I know it will take a little time and putting some miles on my truck and soles of my boots. Next hunting season I'm going to try for my first deer either in D-12 or D-16. I've been doing allot of research and scouting since I starting hunting 2 1/2 years ago.

I currently hunt with my .30-06, .223 & .22 rifles. For small game I typically use my airguns. When I hunt with those I use my .22 or .25 Benjamin Marauders and, or my smaller Benjamin Marauder .22 Pistol Carbine. I like using them because they are quiet and don't scare the other small game in the area when fired.

I look forward to the knowledge I'll gain from being a member here at the SCH Forum and I'll see you around. :)

Thanks for the welcome.

If forgot to mention that I also used to shoot an old Bear Whitetail Hunter model bow. In fact I still have it and want to fix it up for my daughter to shoot someday. I know it is old and nothing compared to the compound bows of today, but it still shoots straight and hard. ;)

Perhaps one of these days I'll upgrade and get myself a newer one. :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu