Go hunt mapping

tonyjohnson619

Dec 13, 2014
How does go hunt mapping compare to onyx?? I wanna try go hunt insider and it comes with there mapping. Just don't wanna have the 2 100 dollar subs

I love the insider, but feel the onX mapping system is much better. Could be that I'm just too used to the onX though.

Agree with @RKE , I also get Toprut/Huntin Fool/chip updates through my onX membership so I feel like I get a lot of value from both subscriptions.

As a money-saving tip, GoHunt did a $75 special during the last holiday season and you might find an onX Elite membership on Camofire for $60.

GoHunt's desktop mapping is superior. Their phone mapping is inferior.

You could have GoHunt maps ($60) + Basemap ($29) for less than OnX. That is the route I went but I also have the full GoHunt subscription.

I've had onyx elite for 5 years... have been wanting to get into hunting utah and other states more but finding information is tuff.... you would think I'm asking for nuclear launch codes. The biggest thing I am looking for is opportunity in certain areas because we have family and friends in alot of states. I like to bring the family if I'm going for ten days and this way if I plan right my wife and kid can visit and not be stuck alone in camp

Honestly, (you may not like hearing this) finding information on areas today is easier than ever before. It still takes work though. I would have died for this type of help when I first started out.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I've had onyx elite for 5 years... have been wanting to get into hunting utah and other states more but finding information is tuff.... you would think I'm asking for nuclear launch codes. The biggest thing I am looking for is opportunity in certain areas because we have family and friends in alot of states. I like to bring the family if I'm going for ten days and this way if I plan right my wife and kid can visit and not be stuck alone in camp
If area opportunity is what you want, GoHUNT Insider is the way to go.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu