Golden Eagles

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Alright so last day of deer season me and Josh are watching a doe and a yearling. A golden eagle came in hot in did not leave this yearling away chasing it up and down the hill. They ended up getting into some thicker stuff but the eagle just landed on top of the canyon on a rock. If they came out it would start divebombing the deer. I'm Talking the talons were always stretched out at some points. I do believe I've seen this on National Geographic or Discovery Channel something. It was awesome I wish it had got the deer. Getting into that it wasn't a small yearling. We couldn't believe the eagle was trying to pray on it. Cool to see none the less.

Pretty cool! I watched almost the same thing happen years ago while sitting in a box blind in southern Colorado. The doe had two fawns with her and when the eagle swooped in, the fawns took cover but the doe rushed out and stood on her hind legs and "boxed" the eagle. Sure wish I had a video camera with me then!!!

It was pretty cool. I had never seen a golden eagle until that afternoon.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu