Good luck in the heat this weekend to all the Bowhunters

Jawbreaker

Apr 6, 2023
I put up my tree stand last weekend and cut in shooting lanes and won't make it this weekend because I have a 2 day trip on the Excalibur with the company I work for but I'll be on the Mountain during the week next week after it cools down a bit. I think I need to retire soon so I have time to do more of this stuff, between 3D shoots, bass fishing Ocean fishing and hunting I'm tapped out for time. now that I have the time in to retire I never thought the decision would be this tough.

I put up my tree stand last weekend and cut in shooting lanes and won't make it this weekend because I have a 2 day trip on the Excalibur with the company I work for but I'll be on the Mountain during the week next week after it cools down a bit. I think I need to retire soon so I have time to do more of this stuff, between 3D shoots, bass fishing Ocean fishing and hunting I'm tapped out for time. now that I have the time in to retire I never thought the decision would be this tough.
Well I was in the same boat and I thought the same. No time when working I retire ha no money. Ugg.
Back to hunting , after disturbing the area it may be a good idea to not having to much sent a round the stand. To hot they mostly move at night unless it is honeymoon

That's why I'm not too worried about it, I'll let it cool down. Last year I shot both my deer in the first 2 weeks and regretted not being able to hunt the last part of the season.
I don't think I will ever retire 100% but I think I will take off my superintendent hat and mess around with other ventures. we'll see what the next year or two brings but it's definately nice to have the option.

I living in an RV , the start up is killing me. Unexpected cost. I am undecided if I want a new home yet and where. I am in AZ the opertunities here are endless, I just don't do well in the heat.

I'm probably going to pass on this weekend as well. Leaving for an antelope hunt next week anyways.

We are pretty spoiled to have such a long season between a22/d16/AO.

Reactions: JPHunt44
I'll be heading up late tonight to maybe stumble across a buck early tomorrow where I've seen a few different bucks in the past few weeks. Problably get an evening hunt at a different spot where's ive seen a few decent forks as well. May repeat it on sunday depending on how tomorrow goes.

This heat, ain't no deer worth it.
Yeah but I have a hand full of weekends to hunt the whole season and would like to atleast just get out and give it a shot. I saw bucks and doe last weekend scouting and a few more bucks on cams the week before. I'd rather be out hunting in the heat seeing nothin than sit on my ass all weekend wondering wondering what could've been.

Good luck 16ers!! Be the Arrow!! Think like ISHI!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240906-162858.png
    Screenshot_20240906-162858.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: ilovesprig
Was hoping for at least a spork fellas .. disappointed....

I went to my spot with the best activity lately. Just a lion chirping around my tent last nt. Nothing this am and decided to get back off the hill with the heat and fire.

Made it out both mornings to my spot by 5:30 saw a single buck and doe both times around 200 yards away that bedded down at 7:45 yesterday and 8 today and unable to get a stalk going with where they were. The buck both days was a tiny fork and couldv'e been the same one, but didnt have the best eyes on him this morning.

Nice efforts. It’s hard to pass on openers of any kind.

So cal heat wave during the first week of school. You can set your calendar by it. Most of the country is entering fall mode. I tell my friends and relatives in other states if you’re coming here to go to the beach and want hot weather, come in September.

I met a grandfather and grand son scored on deer and and a elk.
Grandfather said to call him tomorrow. He giving me elk steak.
Will see if it happens. I saw picture of elk and deer. I may have hit the jack pot for next year.
I did not make it may fubar car broke down, ughg

• Angry
Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu