good place to get a bow

sycorax

Aug 16, 2013
Hi guys i have started looking in to getting a bow for hunting, and was wondering if you had and suggestions for bow shops in the area i live in Lake Elsinore right off the 15. I was most likely going to head over to bass pro shop but not sure if there are any better places in the area as, i guess its not just a matter of picking something off the shelf and more of whats a good fit for me.

Its worth the drive if you can get to the Bow N Arrow shop in Lakeside. Hands down best customer service.

I did purchase my first bow from Riverside Archery which is pretty good too.

+1 for the Bow N Arrow shop in Lakeside...get there early, it gets crowded/ busy in a hurry but the attention to detail is second to none.

Like others have said Bow n arrow shop. If you don't want to make the trip down to Lakeside swing by Faith Armory's new location off Winchester in Temecula. They have a dedicated archery pro shop complete with 30 yard range. Matt can get you setup.

Faith Armory.

I wish I had the option before I bought at Bass Pro. I bought a "Ready to Hunt" bow my first time and wish I had bought somewhere a little more personal. Bass Pro wasn't bad to me but not close(you what I mean,neighbor) and wanting to quickly move to the next customer.

82toydude said:
Faith Armory.

I wish I had the option before I bought at Bass Pro. I bought a "Ready to Hunt" bow my first time and wish I had bought somewhere a little more personal. Bass Pro wasn't bad to me but not close(you what I mean,neighbor) and wanting to quickly move to the next customer.

That is going to be like that with any large outfitter store. Cabela's (which doesn't exisit in California) is just as bad when it comes to things like that. I bought my first bow at a small personal archery store in Washington and it wasn't as bad as Cabela's or Bass Pro so the place you go can really be hit or miss.

Breacher said:
Its worth the drive if you can get to the Bow N Arrow shop in Lakeside. Hands down best customer service.

No DONT go to Riverside Archery!! They might have been good at one time but check there reviews on google ;)

SoCalGuidedHunts said:
Breacher said:

No DONT go to Riverside Archery!! They might have been good at one time but check there reviews on google ;)

Yeah, that was about 5 years ago. Just stick with the Bow N Arrow shop and you'll be good. Its worth the drive...

Bow and Arrow Shop.

Bruce will take the time to adjust the bow to fit you and show you how to shoot the bow properly so you wont start with bad habits. You may have a half days time in driving and in the shop with Bruce but your going to save weeks or months of frustration because the bow doesn't fit you or you don't understand the basic fundamentals of shooting the bow.

BOW N ARROW SHOP no place like it, I have bought 3 bows from them and am happy with the service and the friendly atmosphere, They have every thing you could want to put on your bow

I know The Bow and Arrow shop is a sponsor but why don't you guys like the other two? I like to spread my dollars so all the shops are here for a long time. And I find unique items at each of the shops that the other two don't carry.

I know Bob can be full of himself but his shop has some good stuff in there beside bows infact if you need camo or calls and that kind general hunting stuff he can be the only game in town sometimes.
I also like the Escondido shop.
I like the B&A shop but one time I had one of the sales people get pushy and tell me I should buy only this because Bruce uses it. I still go there and one sales person/experience is not going to make me stop......the other two shops have their PITA's sales people too.....but like I said I spread my money around so all of them will be here.

I have no problems with either one of the other two shops. In fact I wish they were both sponsors.
I agree with you it is good to have more than one shop in town. It's nice to be able to go to different shops to try different bows to see which one you like the best.

All the shops have of their idea of what they think is the best and they're going to push that product because that's what they have in the store.

People recommend the Bow N Arrow shop because they provide excellent customer service and knowledge, not because they are a sponsor.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu