Google Maps Ranging

Handgun said:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1628031?hl=en

Now to figure out how to do it on my phone.

Handgun

Hey Brother that is awesome. hell of find. hahahaha
I could have used that a while back many times.

Ghost

Just keep in mind this follows a path along the ground, VS., as a crow flies. Helpful when hiking from A to B, NOT helpful when deciding if A is a good place to shoot FROM at an animal standing at B.

I have an app on my iPhone called "Topo Maps" and it has a good ranging feature for the purpose of determining shot distance. However, it only goes down to tenth of a mile increments. Similar to contour lines, it has a series of circles around your position, one at .1 miles, the next at .2 miles, etc.

Actually this feature will do the contour........Or at least mine does........It gives you 2 measurements.......Contour and straight line........It's a priceless feature for us old guys............... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu