GoPro Camera Test Video

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Here is a test video shot with a GoPro camera on my hat. I was shooting 30 yards at the range. It’s a really cool point of view. The down side is the camera is not designed for hunting so the lens is a (fisheye) wide angle with no zoom. So shooting at 30 yards looks more like 60, so you will not be able to see a deer in the forest unless it’s at 20 yards or under. I’m hunting with it this year so we’ll see how it does in the field. Does anyone else have one of these? The test video is boring so don’t watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96N5kQa1WSY

[/url]

Hey Jim,

We have one and will probably buy a second camera as well. The are really neat but like you have stated, distance is an issue. I wore one during the first 4 days of dove season and discovered it is a great tool, but it has many limitations.

We will have one in our hunting vehicles this year (mounted to the corner of the passenger front window) and strapped to my dog when hunting too. It works great in those type applications.

I had it on the ATV in Utah this year, it got some good shots crossing a small creek.

It works great for that kind of stuff. We used it in Baja this year and it worked well. It works fantastic underwater too.

NBK said:
It works great for that kind of stuff. We used it in Baja this year and it worked well. It works fantastic underwater too.
Do you do the race in baja?

No my father-in-law races the 500 though. I used the GoPro's while fishing down in Baja in July. ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu