GoPro Rifle Mounts?

junglelarry

May 31, 2013
Any of you guys have thoughts or suggestions on mounting a GoPro to a rifle for a hunting video? Some concerns of mine are:

- Where to mount? (scope, barrel, other)
- Recoil management
- Stability (how difficult is it to hold on target with one of these guys hanging off the rifle)

Thought it might be a cool way to document our hunts.

this is how I mounted it on my shotgun! Tap it works great!
580861_355730674536280_1156428101_n.jpg

here it is on my rifle. the 3M mount that comes with it stuck on my gas block. works great
321487_337252133050801_1951954096_n.jpg

Cool setup SoCal.

I tried to use mine to film out of a treestand at 20 yards and the gopro fisheye lens makes 20 yards look like it’s 60 yards. Could hardly see the buck. It would be a cool angle on your shotgun for ducks etc. Check out all the GoPro hunting videos on youtube for some samples.

Yeah I also have a 3M sticky mount on my bowfishing set up. Have not put one on my other bow yet but I will. Yeah it is hard to see more then 5-10 yards away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME-yN-HXYs

Great, thanks for the input. I'll see if I can mount it up and test it in a more controlled environment to see what the limitations are before taking it out into the field. I've used a GoPro for snowboarding videos in the past, where it works quite well for seeing large expanses of area; not so good for telescopic views....

Thanks for moving this discussion to a more appropriate location, John.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu