Got a Bear tag Need Help!!!!!

Nicholas909

Suns out, Guns Out
Sep 1, 2014
Yucaipa
Hey I got a Bear tag this year, but unfortunately I haven't seen any Bear. I've only Been scouting in D-14 mostly for Deer. I live in Yucaipa, If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, I'll trade meat if I harvest one from your help.

I know what you saying, was in d14 this weekend found lots of tracks spend the day hunting the hills but no bear.Sunday came did a morning hunt thinking I would come across one but no luck. Went back to camp and packed up headed home, the guys called me when I was on the 15 headed back to the sgv, saying the seen him in the same area I was tracking it one of the fellas had it on film they are Skilled hunters not like 2nd season hunting haha! So they bear was about 400-500 pounds they had him on film standing up about 6 ft tall sounds like a trophy Bear. Put in some work and the time will come.

I spent Sat. Looking for dear, and Sunday I found some good bear tracks down by the Santa Ana river bed, so I walked up to a ridge that overlooked the area, but no sight of it. I'll keep at it.

Ya. I did word myself wrong and i apologize for that. I'm not looking to get myself or anyone else in trouble. I was looking at it in a different prospective.

Bears are tough. Both of mine I got while not looking for them, I was looking for deer. I'd stay near a good food source close to water. Find a spot like that and stick near it. Best advice I have.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu